Unlock Your Formulation Space
Faster and Better Investigation of Raw Material and Process Space
Facing challenges like:
- Bans on commonly used additives / raw materials
- Facing the consequences of REACH regulations
- Never really questioned the composition and process of your formulations
- Need to produce more formulations in less time
- Growing pressure for sourcing of sustainable raw materials
- Facing quality issues of production batches
- Looking for specific effects & performances
Example Customer testimonial
FORMAX is the only complete fully automated formulation workstation.
Dispensing / dosing technology combined with our overhead gravimetric (patented) capability and our user-friendly software, allow you to automatically perform formulation workflows.
- Decrease in cost per sample up to 90+ %.
- Increase in productivity by a factor of 10+.
- Up to 36 formulations per run.
- Gravimetric dispensing (solids, powders, liquids, highly viscous materials, pastes, creams and waxes) into precision formulation vessels.
- 4-Needle Head for volumetric liquid handling and sampling.
- The balance moves to the destination, increasing speed and efficiency.
- Balance resolution of 0.1 mg, or 0.01 mg.
- A large dispensing range, from a few mg up to several grams.
- Continuous real-time monitoring and control of all formulation parameters, inc. internal and jacket temperature, shear rate and viscosity, scraping speed, reflux and pH in an inert atmosphere if desired.
- Flexible adjustment of scraper positioning / orientation.
- Choice of scraper material e.g. PTFE, PEEK.
- Dispensed amount, mixing speed, temperature, time…, and other data are stored in a read only log file.
- Easy access to data with a convenient interface to pull results into Excel or virtually any other software.
- Interface to DOE.
Enhance your Efficiency and Productivity with our Workflow Solutions!
- Emulsion formulation, application, testing.
- Paint formulation, application, testing.
- Personal care products (sun screen, skin care, lipstick, mascara, hair care & colorants, …) formulation, application, testing.
- Home care products (liquid detergents, solid detergents, …) formulation, application, testing.
- OLED, OPV, fuel cell ink formulation, application, testing.
- Battery paste and electrolyte formulation, application, testing.
- Engine oil and grease formulation and testing.
- Catalyst paste making and extrusion.
Overhead gravimetric dispenisng of paste while mixing, heating and cooling
Overhead gravimetric dispensing of solid while mixing, heating and cooling in precision formulation vessel
Cartridges to dispense pastes and highly viscous liquids (optional aspiration and heating for e.g. hot transfer)
Breakthrough Dispensing Technology: Overhead Gravimetric Dispensing WHILE mixing, heating, refluxing and / or cooling
Chemspeed’s FORMAX deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform complex formulation workflows in a fully automated fashion. High quality is assured by e.g. accurate viscosity, pH, temperature and stirring control.
Module of six formulation workstations with vessels / blenders, feed vessels and pump module
Expanded view of the precision formulation vessel / blender
Scraper, reflux condenser and measurement units with internal PT100 probe
Various stirrer designs: rotor-stator and dissolver disk
Cartridges to dispense pastes and highly viscous liquids (optional aspiration and heating for e.g. hot transfer / waxes)
For the formulation of complex products such as hair care and colorants, Chemspeed has developed the formulation vessel / blender with individual control of temperature and mixing speeds. Additional functionality can be added such as pH measurement and vacuum.
Formulation module is a working entity consisting of 6 individually controlled, high precision formulation workstations. Each workstation with its own vessel / blender, feed vessel and syringe pump can be customized and controlled to match almost any formulation workflow.
- Up to 6 formulation vessels / blenders (150 mL volume) with independent stirring, scraping, heating and cooling.
- Up to 6 feed vessel (50 mL volume) with magnetic stirring and jacket temperature control (up to 90 °C). These can be used e.g. for the preparation of low-viscous pre-mixes.
- Easy integration of pH probes.
- An optional pump module with one piston syringe pump per vessel / blender can be added to the formulation module. The default volume of the syringe is 1 mL. The tubing connected to the external valve head of the syringe pump allows for semi-continuous substrate transfer or continuous ingredient addition while processing a formulation in a precision vessel technology.
Precision formulation vessels / blenders technical specifications:
- Stainless steel vessels / blenders, other materials are available upon request (up to 36 formulation vessels /blenders on a FORMAX robotic platform).
- Individually controlled stirring and scraping for highest mixing, dissolving, emulsification power, as well as to avoid residuals in homogenities.
- Various stirrer designs: dissolver disk, rotor-stator etc.
- Stirring: agitation up to 6’000 rpm or 600+ rpm at 1’000 Pa.s even during gravimetric addition of highly viscous reagents or powders.
- The stirring performance may vary with different stiring designs and depending on product characteristics.
- Conveniently exchangeable scrapers for maximum formulation quality (particularly recommended in emulsification processes with and non-flowing pastes).
- Scraping: agitation from 20 rpm up to 200 rpm in both directions.
- Continuous feed pumps and feed vessels.
- PT100 internal and external temperature control +/-0.1 °C.
- Independent electrical and fluidic heating/cooling systems for highest accuracy (from -70 °C to 250 °C at +/-0.1 °C accuracy) and reflux condenser systems.
- Precision calorimetry measurement (precision calorimetric probe 1W).
- Viscosity measurement / Rheometry.
- pH measurement and control.
- Vacuum connections for degassing, extraction, evaporation.
- Different gas supplies (e.g. inert or other gases).
- Large choice of pre-formulation vessels (magnetically stirred, shaken, heated, cooled vessels, reactors, high pressure reactors, disposable vials, etc.).