The leading technology in overhead gravimetric dispensing / dosing (patented) combined with our reactor and process excellence, and our user-friendly software, allow you to standardize and accelerate your fuel cell catalysts and membrane discovery and optimization workflows.
We did 6 years work in 1 year. …. We can no longer imagine how to do our work without Chemspeed automation.
The automated synthetic platforms enable us to gain a factor of 5 to 10 in time, speed or new knowledge in polymer and material science. In combination with advanced characterization techniques, Chemspeed’s platforms represent the key technologies for the elucidation of structure-property-relationships of polymers and materials. And they form the basis of multiple large grants and industrial research contracts initiated within the last two years.
- Decrease in cost per experiment up to 90+ %.
- Increase in productivity by a factor of 10+.
- Up to 36 experiments per run on an autoplant, up to 6 experiments per run on a multiplant.
- Independent control of all process parameters in each reactor.
- Independent and precise temperature and stirring control in each reactor.
- Up to 8 independent gas and liquid feeds per reactor.
- Gravimetric solid and viscous liquid dispensing.
- 4-Needle Head for volumetric liquid handling and sampling.
- Feeding and sampling under reaction conditions.
- Cleaning in place (e.g. automated cleaning, inserts).
- Dispensed amount, stirrer speed, temperature, pressure, time…, and other data are stored in a read only log file.
- Easy access to data with a convenient interface to pull results into Excel or virtually any other software.
- Interface to DOE.
Enhance your Efficiency and Productivity with our Workflow Solutions!
Assembly of a process research reactor with our unique screwless and self-sealing design up to 100 bar
Chemspeed’s MULTIPLANT / AUTOPLANT ENERGY’s deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of fuel cell research workflows in a fully or semi-automated fashion.
- Preparation of metal salt solutions and combinatorial mixtures thereof.
- Preparation of homogeneous suspensions of carbon powder and aqueous reducing agent in parallel reactors.
- Addition of liquid reagents and solutions.
Catalyst preparation optimization in tank reactor:
- Variation of feeding rates / ratios.
- Stirrer speed / geometry.
- Temperature profiles.
- Hydrogen pressure (optional).
- Up to 36 fuel cell catalysts per run.
- Filtration and washing.
- Evaporation to dryness.
- Mixing with Nafion solution and electrolyte to prepare catalyst ink.
- Reformatting into output vials or microtiter-plates.
- Defined particle sizes by applying a dip-in sonifier probe.
- Dip in titanium sonifier probe.
- 100 W total power output.
- Dynamic rinse station.
- Option for integrated galvanostat / potentiostat.
Process development workstation for 6 X 100 mL, 3 X 250 mL, 3 X 1’000 mL
The cutting edge Process Development Workstation Technology allows scientists to truly mimic the final industrial production process and provides all the flexibility to optimize integrated reaction sequences, even if a complex configuration of reactors and feed vessels required.
Materials of choice: glass, stainless steel (PEEK, PTFE or glass inserts available), Hastelloy, others on request
- Flexible and precise continuous feeds, down to 10 µL / min.
- Up to 8 continuous liquid and / or gas feeds per reactor and additional unlimited overhead access.
- Accurate and reproducible temperature control, 0.1 °C.
- Pressure up to 100 bar over the entire temperature range up to 250 °C with corresponding safety installations.
- Parallel high-performance calorimetry data.
- Dean Stark water trap.
- Viscosity data.