The leading technology in overhead gravimetric dispensing / dosing (patented) combined with our reactor and process excellence, and our user-friendly software, allow you to standardize and accelerate your polymerization workflows (emulsion, suspension, dispersion, solution, mass, pressure).
Example Customer Testimonial
The Chemspeed AUTOPLANT is well suited for the process development of complex polymers. Excellent correlation was found for MW, clarity and viscosity. It is possible to calculate polymerization conditions for desired clarity, MW and viscosity, leading to exact copies in large scale polymerizations.
- Decrease in cost per experiment up to 90+ %.
- Increase in productivity by a factor of 10+.
- Up to 36 experiments per run on an AUTOPLANT, up to 6 experiments per run on a MULTIPLANT.
- Independent control of all process parameters in each reactor with PAT like NIR, PSD, calorimetry, pH.
- Independent and precise temperature and stirring control in each reactor.
- Up to 8 independent gas, liquefied gas and liquid feeds per reactor.
- Gravimetric solid and viscous liquid dispensing.
- 4-Needle Head for volumetric liquid handling and sampling.
- Feeding and sampling under reaction conditions.
- Cleaning in place (e.g. automated cleaning, inserts).
- Dispensed amount, stirrer speed, temperature, pressure, time…, and other data are stored in a read only log file.
- Easy access to data with a convenient interface to pull results into Excel or virtually any other software.
- Interface to DOE.
Enhance your Efficiency and Productivity with our Workflow Solutions!
Assembly of a process research reactor with our unique screwless and self-sealing design up to 100 bar
Chemspeed’s MULTIPLANT/ AUTOPLANT POLY deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of single-site and multi-site catalyst synthesis workflows, incl. optimization / scale-up, in a fully or semi-automated fashion.
The heart of Chemspeed‘s solutions for emulsion, suspension, dispersion, solution, mass and pressure polymerization is to automate: reagents preparation, polymerization, work-up and analysis.
Example of emulsion polymerization:
- Step 1: water insoluble monomer is mixed in an aqueous solution containing a surfactant.
- Step 2: an initiator is added and the primary free radicals react with the monomer in aqueous phase to produce oligomeric radical species diffusing into monomer-swollen micelles.
- Step 3: the monomer diffuses from the aqueous phase into the micelles, this propagation phase induces the growth of the micelles.
- Step 4: the termination occurs when the monomer is no longer present or when the reaction is quenched.
Process development workstation for 6 X 100 mL, 3 X 250 mL, 3 X 1’000 mL
The cutting edge Process Development Workstation Technology allows scientists to truly mimic the final industrial production process and provides all the flexibility to optimize integrated reaction sequences, even if a complex configuration of reactors and feed vessels required.
Materials of choice: glass, stainless steel (PEEK, PTFE or glass inserts available), Hastelloy, others on request
- Flexible and precise continuous feeds, down to 10 μL / min.
- Up to 8 continuous liquid, liquefied gas and / or gas feeds per reactor and additional unlimited overhead access.
- Accurate and reproducible temperature control, 0.1 °C.
- Pressure up to 100 bar over the entire temperature range up to 250 °C with corresponding safety installations.
- Parallel high-performance calorimetry data.
- Viscosity data.
- Dean Stark water trap.
- Distillation bridge between 2 reactors.
Easily exchangeable stirrer designs (anchor, twisted blade, gas entrainment stirrers…). Powerful mixing for viscosities up to 80 Pa.s at 300 rpm and 30 Pa.s at 900 rpm with an anchor stirrer.
For one single unit, various feeding modes are available: batch, semi-continuous, continuous, continuous cascade.