Our overhead gravimetric (patented) capability and our user-friendly software, combined with the SpeedMixer™ technology, make highly challenging mixing and / or milling / grinding operations possible.
Example Customer testimonial
MIXINGPOSSIBLE makes possible / accelerates high-end mixing.
- Decrease in cost per sample up to 90+ %.
- Increase in productivity by a factor of 10+.
- Mixing and / or grinding of 1 and 2 part silicones, epoxies, polyurethanes, polysulfides, polyesters, acrylics, plastisols, paints, inks, greases, pastes, creams, hot melts, pigments, fillers, catalysts and a wide range of other materials (e.g. solids).
- Homogeneous and bubble-free mixing of various materials within a very short time – less than 5 minutes – and with minimum effort.
- Gravimetric solid dispensing into an unlimited choice of vial / plate / reactor formats.
- The balance moves to the destination, increasing speed and efficiency.Balance resolution of 0.1 mg, or 0.01 mg.
- A large dispensing range, from a few mg up to several grams.
- 4-Needle Head for volumetric liquid handling and sampling.
- Dispensing / dosing robotic tools can be combined with other tools to accommodate multiple workflows.
- Dispensed amount, mixing / grinding speed, temperature, time…, and other data are stored in a read only log file.
- Easy access to data with a convenient interface to pull results into Excel or virtually any other software.
- Interface to DOE.
SWING MIXINGPOSSIBLE workstation with SpeedMixer example
Enhance your Efficiency and Productivity with our Workflow Solutions!
Breakthrough Dispensing Technology: Overhead Gravimetric Dispensing WHILE mixing & scrapping,heating, refluxing and / or cooling
Chemspeed’s SWING MIXINGPOSSIBLE deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of challenging mixing, milling /grinding workflows in a fully automated fashion.
The SpeedmMixer™ specifications:
- Works by spinning a high speed mixing arm at speeds up to 3’500 rpm in one direction while a belt system under the tilted cup basket rotates the basket at a ratio of approximately 3.8:1 in the opposite direction (thus, the name-Dual Asymmetric Centrifuge) = enables fast mixing.
- Maximum quantity that can be mixed is 3’000 g, depending on the SpeedMixer™ model.
- The typical mixing time for fully dispersing a color paste in a silicone sealant is less than 10 seconds; for mixing fumed silica or precipitated chalk silicone formulations 8-14 seconds normally suffice.
- Fluids of widely differing viscosities can be blended quickly. Powders of different specific gravities can be made into a homogeneous blend.
Several types of SpeedMixer
The Gravimetric Dispensing Units (SDU, GDU-P, GDU-HV, GDU-V models) are used to perform automated, gravimetrically controlled dispenses of a wide range of ingredients in the milligram to multigram scale. The modules pick the appropriate container, dispense the ingredients, and then place the container back to its station before picking the next one. All dispensing units include an overhead balance with a resolution of down to 0.1 mg, and allow dispensing and simultaneous weighing of ingredients into various vials, reactors, well-plates.
Volumetric dispensing and aspiration of liquids is done with a Multi-Channel Liquid Handling Tool (4-Needle Head), with four independent needles. The four needles can be operated simultaneously or individually. If required the tool can be equipped with needles of different inner diameters. Larger diameter needles for the handling of suspensions or liquids with higher viscosities, smaller diameter needles for handling of small volumes. Gravimetric liquid dispensing tools are as well available.