Automated viscosity measurements combined with our proprietary overhead gravimetric dispensing principles and our software allows you to automatically dispense virtually any product (from low to high viscosity, pastes, even melted waxes) and subsequently measure its viscosity. Clean, reproducible and well documented, day by day! Furthermore the concept allows you to measure viscosity virtually everywhere (e.g. formulation vessel, sample vials).
Example Customer testimonial
… 3 minutes per sample including washing and drying the spindle…
- Decrease in cost per sample up to 90+ %.
- Increase in productivity by a factor of 10+.
- Automated unattended viscosity measurement.
- 3 minutes per sample.
- Expand your workflow capabilities (e.g. Rheometery, viscosity adjustment, density, pH, mixing, powder dispensing and many more possibilities.
- Perfect sample conditioning especially for quality control.
- Dispensed amount, mixing speed, temperature, time…, and other data are stored in a read only log file.
- Easy access to data with a convenient interface to pull results into Excel or virtually any other software.
- Interface to DOE.
Enhance your Efficiency and Productivity with our Workflow Solutions!
Flexible sample conditioning for repeatable high quality measurments
- Self contained environment.
- Automated opening / closing of sample containers.
- Controlled sample while processing (e.g. temperature).
Chemspeed’s SWING VISCO deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of viscosity measurement workflows in a fully automated fashion.
E.g. Brookfield Viscometer LV and / or RVDV-II+ Pro BK (integrated in a Chemspeed platform as a robotic tool)
- Range: 75 – 40’000’000 mPa.s (cP).
- Speed range: 0.1-200 rpm.
- Accuracy: +/- 1 % of full scale range.
- On-line display.
- Temperature range: -70 oC to +220 oC, depending on deck configuration.
- Viscosity reproducibility: +/- 0.2 %.
Additional features and benefits to automation:
- Integrated software.
- Multistep test programs (e.g. sample preparation or formulation combined with viscosity measurement).
- Automated and constant z-movements of the Viscometer (e.g. to penetrate a sample and / or to generate z-resolved viscosity data in a well defined and reproducible way).
- Viscosity control and adjustment through conditional tasks.
- Calculation of average viscosity.
- Data processing with mathematical models.
- Automated analysis of user defined values for QC.
- Import of sets of test parameters, generate template programs of parameters (speed, time of measurement, etc.).
- Export data along with experimental data sets of choice to Excel, Chemspeed’s Workflow Management Software, VLab or virtually any other database.
- On-line display.
- Measurement with in-line constant delta time between virtually any action (e.g. open vial) and viscosity measurement, controlled humidity, controlled temperature, etc.).
- Time coupled measurements (e.g. overnight).
- One measurement and adjustment at a time.
- Washing installation for the viscosity spindle (passive or active washing bath).
- Export data as viscosity in cP or Pa.s, temperature, speed, spindle type, time of measurement.
- Temperature controlled measurement.
- Torque / viscosity logged during all measurement time.
Extension for Rheology by integration of TA instruments Rheometer as an example
- Optical encoder dual reader.
- Advanced drag cup motor.
- Normal force rebalance transducer.
- Active temperature control.
- Bob + cup with disposable cup and bob is cleaned.