Dispensing / dosing technology combined with our overhead gravimetric (patented) capability and our user-friendly software, allow you to automatically dispense virtually any type of highly viscous liquids and waxes into any type of destination (vials, tubes, plates, reactors, …) without moving the destination.
Example Customer testimonial
This automated platform accelerates the research process – we can work 20 times faster than before. And we do not only test our formulations faster, but also more precisely.
- Decrease in cost per sample up to 90+ %.
- Increase in productivity by a factor of 10+.
- Gravimetric viscous heated materials and molten waxes dispensing and aspiration into the rack / reactor format of your choice.
- 4-Needle Head for volumetric liquid handling and sampling.
- The balance moves to the destination, increasing speed and efficiency.
- Balance resolution of 0.1 mg, or 0.01 mg.
- A large dispensing range, from a few mg up to several grams.
- Dispensing / dosing robotic tool can be combined with other tools to accommodate multiple workflows.
- Dispensed amount, mixing speed, temperature, time…, and other data are stored in a read only log file.
- Easy access to data with a convenient interface to pull results into Excel or virtually any other software.
- Interface to DOE.
Enhance your Efficiency and Productivity with our Workflow Solutions!
Breakthrough Dispensing Technology: Overhead Gravimetric Dispensing WHILE mixing, heating, refluxing and / or cooling.
Chemspeed’s SWING WAXDOSE deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of highly viscous liquid and wax dispensing workflows in a fully automated fashion.
The Gravimetric Dispensing Unit (GDU-HV model) with heating option is used to perform automated, gravimetically controlled dispenses and aspiration of molten wax in the milligram to multigram scale. The module picks the appropriate heated container, dispenses the wax, and then places the container back to its station before picking the next one. The dispensing unit includes an overhead balance, and allows dispensing and simultaneous weighing of wax into various vials, reactors, well-plates.
Overhead gravimetric dispensing of waxes into vials while maintaining the temperature of the substance throughout the entire transfer
The Heatable cartridge for waxes (up to 90 oC up to 500 Pa.s)
- Exemplary dispensing time: 1g in 20 sec (depending on wax properties).
- Wax dispensing capacity: (expandable with additional wax storage module).
- SWING: up to 65 cartridges for the GDU-HV.
- SWING XL: up to 125 cartridges for the GDU-HV.
- Reduced dispensing time: the balance moves from one target to the next, continuously dispensing and weighing without having to move the target to the balance. The anti-drip system avoids cross contamination and enables addition of wax or any other material into any formulation vessel, reactor, vial etc on the platform deck while mixing, heating, cooling etc.
- The GDU-HV heated cartridge inserts are disposable. The plunger and the actual heated jacket are non disposable and can be reused.
- One dispensing design and one AutoTeaching tool to cover all your heated and waxes materials. The sophisticated algorithm of the software finds automatically the best conditions to dispense your ingredient.
- Automatic exchange of a dispensing cartridge if one is empty, the system automatically takes the next container.
The MultiGripper and Barcode Reader
The MultiGripper is a tool for transporting vials and MTPs on Chemspeed platforms. A transport can be intended for one of the following reasons:
- Weight determination on the balance rack.
- Barcode reading.
- Transportation to a rack with additional functionality (heating, agitation …).
Platform Configuration Example
Exemplary SWING WAXDOSE deck with shakeable / heatable / coolable crimp racks; reagent / sample racks; and the following tools:a Gravimetric Dispensing Unit (GDU-HV) for molten wax and (highly) viscous liquids dispensing, and a Capper / Crimper.
Available upgrade options:
Brookfield Viscometer RVDV-II+ Pro BK
- Range: 100 – 40’000’000 mPa.s (cP).
- Speed range: 2’000 – 64’000 rpm.
- No of Increments 20’000 – 512’000.
- Temperature range: -70 oC to +220 oC.
Thermal Analysis Rheometer
- Optical encoder dual reader.
- Advanced drag cup motor.
- Normal force rebalance transducer.
- Active temperature control.