Dispensing / dosing technology combined with our overhead gravimetric(patented) capability and our user-friendly software, allow you to automatically dispense virtually any type of ingredients into any type of destination (vials, tubes,plates, reactors, …) without moving the destination.
Example Customer Testimonial
Automated sample preparation and analytics was efficiently implemented and is now the routine method of Quality Control for these candies at Klosterfrau, replacing a SOTAX/Zymark system used in the previous 10 years that only performed the analytic step. The installed system allows for increased efficiency and productivity.
- Decrease in cost per sample up to 90+ %.
- Increase in productivity by a factor of 10+.
- Gravimetric dispensing and aspiration (liquids, solids, powders,granulates, spheres, low-viscous and highly-viscous materials,waxes, etc.) into the rack / reactor format of your choice.
- 4-Needle Head for volumetric liquid handling and sampling.
- The balance moves to the destination, increasing speed and efficiency.
- Balance resolution of 0.1 mg, or 0.01 mg.
- A large dispensing range, from a few mg up to several grams.
- Dispensing / dosing robotic tool can be combined with other tools to accommodate multiple workflows.
- Dispensed amount, mixing speed, temperature, time…, and other data are stored in a read only log file.
- Easy access to data with a convenient interface to pull results into Excel or virtually any other software.
- Interface to DOE.
Enhance your Efficiency and Productivity with our Workflow Solutions!
- Compound, substance handling.
- Viscosity and rheology measurement.
- Sample Preparation in MTP at ambient and elevated pressure.
- Sample preparation for GC, LC, UV and ionic chromatographyanalysis.
- Clinical diagnostics: detection of liver diseases –sample preparation for 2H-NMR analysis of glucose derivatives.
- Moisture determination with integrated KF water titration system.
- Automated cell assay.
- Solubility screening of powders and tablets.
- Short term excipients compatibility.
- Characterization of medical plants.
- Multistep derivatization on phytobiochemicals.
- Routine analysis of fatty acids in food oil.
- Pesticide and metabolite analysis in food: QuECheRS.
- Analysis of polysaccharides in corn stover.
- Forced degradation & stability: alkaline hydrolysis,enzymatic degradation, permethylation.
- Soil adsorption desorption studies -acid digestion of soils, river sediments and sewage sludge.
- Brine / crude oil extraction and subsequent sample preparation.
- Electrolyte formulation for testing in battery cells.
- Reaction preparation (catalyst screening).
- Library synthesis, hit-to-lead.
- Pre-formulation (solubility, stability, compatibility screening).
- Polymorphism studies.
- Content uniformity.
- Packaging / filling services.
Breakthrough Dispensing Technology: Overhead Gravimetric Dispensing WHILE mixing, heating, refluxing and / or cooling.
Chemspeed’s SWING deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of compound, substance handling, sample preparation, reaction preparation workflows in a fully automated fashion.
The Gravimetric Dispensing Units (SWILE, SDU, GDU-P, GDU-HV, GDU-V models) are used to perform automated, gravimetrically controlled dispenses of a wide range of ingredients in the milligram to multigram scale. The modules pick the appropriate container, dispense the ingredients, and then place the container back to its station before picking the next one. All dispensing units include an overhead balance with a resolution of down to 0.1 mg, and allow dispensing and simultaneous weighing of ingredients into various vials, reactors, well-plates.
|Compound Type||Balance Readability||Dispensing Range and Viscosity Range without Heating||Dispensing Range and Viscosity Range with Heating||Dispensing Container Volume|
|The SWILE (only true 1:1 solid dispensing tool)||Solids and Powders||down to 0.1 mg, optionally down to 0.01 mg with second on-deck balance||> 0.1 mg to 30 mg||–||Disposable pick & dispense pipets|
|The SDU||Solids and Powders||0.1 mg to 10 / 20 g||–||15 mL, 30 mL|
|The GDU-P||Solids and Powders||0.1 mg to 100 g||–||100 mL|
|The GDU-HV||Highly Viscous Liquids and Waxes Heated transfer option = 20 oC to 90 oC||0.1 mg to 100 g
1 mPa.s to 500’000 mPa.s
|Up to waxes or substances with melt-viscosity of < 500’000 Pa.s||65 mL|
|The GDU-V||Low to Medium Viscous Liquids||0.1 mg to 100 g
1 mPa.s to 15 Pa.s
|–||Disposable positive displacement syringes from 100 µL to 12.5 mL|
|The 4-Needle Head||Liquids||Volumetric||µL to 25 mL
1 mPa.s to 200 mPa.s
|–||4 Syringes 1 mL, 10 mL, 25 mL|
The Gravimetric Dispensing Unit for solids and powders
The Gravimetric and Volumetric Dispensing Unit including Online Density Measurement on the fly for (viscous) liquids
The 4-Needle Head for liquids
- Exemplary dispensing time: 1g in 20 sec (depending on ingredient properties).
- Dispensing robotic tool capacity: (extandable with additional ingredient storage module)
- up to 144 cartridges for the SDU, up to 32 cartridges for the GDU-P
- up to 65 cartridges for the GDU-HV, up to 180 syringes for the GDU-V
- SWING XL:
- up to 240 cartridges for the SDU, up to 56 cartridges for the GDU-P model
- up to 125 cartridges for the GDU-HV model, up to 360 syringes for the GDU-V
- Reduced dispensing time: the balance moves from one target to the next, continuously dispensing and weighing without having to move the target to the balance. The anti-drip system avoids cross contamination and enables to add any ingredient into any (fixed) formulation vessel, reactor, vial etc. wherever on the platform deck while mixing, heating, cooling etc.
- One dispensing design and one AutoTeaching tool to cover all your ingredients. The sophisticated algorithm of the software finds automatically the best conditions to dispense your ingredient.
- Automatic exchange of a dispensing cartridge if one is empty, the system automatically takes the next container.
Volumetric dispensing and aspiration of liquids is done with a Multi-Channel Liquid Handling Tool (4-Needle Head), with four independent needles. The four needles can be operated simultaneously or individually. If required the tool can be equipped with needles of different inner diameters. Larger diameter needles for the handling of suspensions or liquids with higher viscosities, smaller diameter needles for handling of small volumes.