Chemspeed’s EMULSIFIER AGRO deck modularity allows the user to formulate, apply and test up to 150 emulsion concentrates per day in a fully automated fashion.
2’350 x 950 x 1’920 mm
(7’ 70” x 3’ 2” x 6’ 4”)
Specifications of the EMULSIFIER AGRO:
- Overhead gravimetric dispensing of powders, liquids and viscous liquids
- High performance mixing by shaking, stirring, and / or speed mixing
- Heating and cooling (-50 °C to 250 °C) for e.g. forced stability testing
- Observation of dissolution and droplet diffusion while overhead gravimetric dispensing
- Emulsion concentrate application and testing by integrated sampling, dilution, and particle size analysis
- Reformatting for conditioned stability testing
- Barcode sample tracking, e.g. disposable barcoded crimp vials in
different sizes (5 mL, 20 mL)
- Disposable crimp vials in different sizes for emulsion concentrate formation
- Homogenity assessment
For the formulation optimization of emulsion and suspension concentrates, Chemspeed has developed the formulation vessel / blender with individual control of temperature and mixing speeds. Additional functionality can be added such as pH measurement and vacuum.
Formulation module is a working entity consisting of 6 individually controlled, high precision formulation workstations. Each workstation with its own vessel / blender, feed vessel and syringe pump can be customized and controlled to match almost any formulation workflow.
- Up to 6 formulation vessels / blenders (150 mL volume) with independent stirring, scraping, heating and cooling
- Up to 6 feed vessel (50 mL volume) with magnetic stirring and jacket temperature control (up to 90 °C). These can be used e.g. for the preparation of low-viscous pre-mixes
- Easy integration of pH probes
- An optional pump module with one piston syringe pump per vessel/blender can be added to the formulation module. The default volume of the syringe is 1 mL. The tubing connected to the external valve head of the syringe pump allows for semi-continuous transfer or continuous ingredient addition while processing a formulation in a precision vessel
Precision formulation vessels / blenders technical specifications:
- Stainless steel vessels / blenders, other materials are available upon request (up to 36 formulation vessels / blenders on a formax robotic platform)
- Individually controlled stirring and scraping for highest mixing, dissolving, emulsification power.
- Various stirrer designs: dissolver disk, rotor-stator etc.
- Stirring: agitation up to 6’000 rpm or 600+ rpm at 1’000 Pa.s even during gravimetric addition of highly viscous reagents or powders. (The stirring performance may vary with different stiring designs and depending on product characteristics.)
- Conveniently exchangeable scrapers for maximum formulation quality
- Scraping: agitation from 20 rpm up to 200 rpm in both directions
- Continuous feed pumps & feed vessels
- PT100 internal and external temperature control +/-0.1 °C
- Independent electrical and fluidic heating / cooling systems for highest accuracy (from -50 °C to 250 °C at +/-0.1 °C accuracy) and reflux condenser systems
- Precision calorimetry measurement (precision calorimetric probe 1W)
- Viscosity and rheology measurement / adjustment
- pH measurement and control
- Vacuum connections for degassing, extraction, evaporation
- Different gas supplies (e.g. inert gas, air)
- Large choice of pre-formulation vessels (magnetically stirred, shaken, heated, cooled vessels, reactors, high pressure reactors, disposable vials, etc.)