Chemspeed’s EMULSIFIER AGRO deck modularity allows the user to formulate, apply and test up to 150 emulsion concentrates per day in a fully automated fashion.
Overhead gravimetric addition of solids / powders while mixing, heating and cooling
Module of six formulation workstations with vessels / blenders, feed vessels and pump module
Expanded view of the precision formulation vessel / blender
Scraper, reflux condenser and measurement units with internal PT100 probe
Various stirrer designs: rotor-stator and dissolver disk
For the formulation of complex products such as hair care and colorants, Chemspeed has developed the formulation vessel / blender with individual control of temperature and mixing speeds. Additional functionality can be added such as pH measurement and vacuum.
Formulation module is a working entity consisting of 6 individually controlled, high precision formulation workstations. Each workstation with its own vessel / blender, feed vessel and syringe pump can be customized and controlled to match almost any formulation workflow.
- Up to 6 formulation vessels / blenders (150 mL volume) with independent stirring, scraping, heating and cooling.
- Up to 6 feed vessel (50 mL volume) with magnetic stirring and jacket temperature control (up to 90 °C). These can be used e.g. for the preparation of low-viscous pre-mixes.
- Easy integration of pH probes.
- An optional pump module with one piston syringe pump per vessel / blender can be added to the formulation module. The default volume of the syringe is 1 mL. The tubing connected to the external valve head of the syringe pump allows for semi-continuous substrate transfer or continuous ingredient addition while processing a formulation in a precision vessel technology.
Precision formulation vessels / blenders technical specifications:
- Stainless steel vessels / blenders, other materials are available upon request (up to 36 formulation vessels /blenders on a FORMAX robotic platform).
- Individually controlled stirring and scraping for highest mixing, dissolving, emulsification power, as well as to avoid residuals in homogenities.
- Various stirrer designs: dissolver disk, rotor-stator etc.
- Stirring: agitation up to 6’000 rpm or 600+ rpm at 1’000 Pa.s even during gravimetric addition of highly viscous reagents or powders.
- The stirring performance may vary with different stiring designs and depending on product characteristics.
- Conveniently exchangeable scrapers for maximum formulation quality (particularly recommended in emulsification processes with and non-flowing pastes).
- Scraping: agitation from 20 rpm up to 200 rpm in both directions.
- Continuous feed pumps and feed vessels.
- PT100 internal and external temperature control +/-0.1 °C.
- Independent electrical and fluidic heating/cooling systems for highest accuracy (from -70 °C to 250 °C at +/-0.1 °C accuracy) and reflux condenser systems.
- Precision calorimetry measurement (precision calorimetric probe 1W).
- Viscosity measurement / Rheometry.
- pH measurement and control.
- Vacuum connections for degassing, extraction, evaporation.
- Different gas supplies (e.g. inert or other gases).
- Large choice of pre-formulation vessels (magnetically stirred, shaken, heated, cooled vessels, reactors, high pressure reactors, disposable vials, etc.).