Personal Care Formulation & Characterization
Formulation labs face an increasing demand for high throughput experimentation due to a number of challenges such as :
- Regulatory pressure on raw materials and additives, like a potential palm oil ban.
- A move towards green and sustainable ingredients.
- Increasing costs of raw materials.
- A lack of reproducibility and traceability in manual procedures.
- Poor scale-up to production batches.
- The need to bring products to market faster.
Add solids, powders, liquids, highly viscous materials to the milligram resolution while the formulation is being processed.
Formulation Module / Vessel
Modular Precision Vessel
- Up to 12 high-quality automated formulations / emulsions per run.
- Stainless steel vessels / blenders, other materials are available upon request.
- Screwless design for easy and convenient cleaning.
Individual control of:
STIRRING / SCRAPING
- Stirring up to 6’000 rpm.
- Up to 2’000 rpm at 250’000 mPa·s.
- Flexible stirrer designs (e.g. rotor / stator, dispersing disk, customized).
- Counter-scraping for maximum formulation quality up to 200 rpm.
Internal and external temperature control via electric heating and fluidic cooling design for highest accuracy (-20 to 250°C, +/-0.1°C). Enables full control of formulations / emulsions even during addition of solids or liquids.