SWILE DISPENSING SOLUTIONS
Facing challenges such as:
- Tedious and error prone weighing
- Having your highly educated, valuable lab staff tied to balances and mundane tasks
- The need to distribute very small (sub-mg) quantities of powders & solids such as API’s, catalysts, ligands, reagents, pigments, etc.
- Time-consuming weighing processes
Solution to overcome these challenges:
Chemspeed’ s fully automated, integrated FLEX SWILE provides a flexible, modular, and uncompromising solution for automated powder dispensing that:
- Enables fully automated one-to-one distribution from the library into the screening plates
- Offers fully automated “pick & decision dispense” from almost any source into any destination (matrix-to-matrix)
- Allows for unattended operation which liberates resources and removes potential human error
- Features a dispensing range from <100 μg to 100 mg with 10 μg resolution
- Provides revolutionary accuracy & precision due to “decision dispensing”
- Is operated using disposable positive displacement glass tips (SWINs)
- Eliminates cross-contamination
- Provides a recovery rate equal to or higher than manual techniques
- Provides the option of compensation dispensing in combination with overhead gravimetric solid dispensing
- Features a proprietary robotic tool exchange interface
- Comprises ventilated hood for safety and conditioned operation, trolley
- Features an optimized footprint (3×3 ft., 90×90 cm) versus capacity … all while reducing costs / maximizing return on investment
The following diagram displays the simplified SWILE workflow, including a precision “pick & decision dispense” step. The technology backbone follows Chemspeed’s proprietary overhead gravimetric dispensing tool design in combination with a second analytical on-deck balance.
In order to exclude any risk of cross-contamination, disposable glass tips are used which are stored and provided by a SWIN dispenser. The SWINS are available in different diametric sizes and can be adjusted according to the desired target amount to be dispensed. Additionally, a tilt / shake rack is used, loosening up and tilting the powder prior to the pick-up.