Chemspeed’s FORMAX HAIR CARE AND COLORANTS deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform complex hair care and colorants or similar formulation workflows in a fully automated fashion. High quality is assured by e.g. the accurate resolution of broad range of color shades and control of NH3 contents, accurate viscosity, pH, temperature and stirring control. The individual and independent control and operation of mixing and scraping; the flexible adjustment of scraper positioning; the choice of scraper material result in avoidance of foam formation compared to classical lab-blenders!
Module of six formulation workstations with vessels / blenders, feed vessels and pump module
Expanded view of the precision formulation vessel / blender
Scraper, reflux condenser and measurement units with internal PT100 probe
Various stirrer designs: rotor-stator and dissolver disk
Cartridges to dispense pastes and highly viscous liquids (optional aspiration and heating for e.g. hot transfer / waxes)
For the formulation of complex products such as hair care and colorants, Chemspeed has developed the formulation vessel / blender with individual control of temperature and mixing speeds. Additional functionality can be added such as pH measurement and vacuum.
Formulation module is a working entity consisting of 6 individually controlled, high precision formulation workstations. Each workstation with its own vessel / blender, feed vessel and syringe pump can be customized and controlled to match almost any formulation workflow.
- Up to 6 formulation vessels / blenders (150 mL volume) with independent stirring, scraping, heating and cooling.
- Up to 6 feed vessel (50 mL volume) with magnetic stirring and jacket temperature control (up to 90 °C). These can be used e.g. for the preparation of low-viscous pre-mixes.
- Easy integration of pH probes.
- An optional pump module with one piston syringe pump per vessel / blender can be added to the formulation module. The default volume of the syringe is 1 mL. The tubing connected to the external valve head of the syringe pump allows for semi-continuous substrate transfer or continuous ingredient addition while processing a formulation in a precision vessel technology.
Precision formulation vessels / blenders technical specifications:
- Stainless steel vessels / blenders, other materials are available upon request (up to 36 formulation vessels / blenders on a formax robotic platform).
- Individually controlled stirring and scraping for highest mixing, dissolving, emulsification power, as well as to avoid residuals in homogenities.
- Various stirrer designs: dissolver disk, rotor-stator etc.
- Stirring: agitation up to 6’000 rpm or 600+ rpm at 1’000 Pa.s even during gravimetric addition of highly viscous reagents or powders.
- The stirring performance may vary with different stiring designs and depending on product characteristics.
- Conveniently exchangeable scrapers for maximum formulation quality (particularly recommended in emulsification processes with and non-flowing pastes).
- Scraping: agitation from 20 rpm up to 200 rpm in both directions.
- Continuous feed pumps and feed vessels.
- PT100 internal and external temperature control +/-0.1 °C.
- Independent electrical and fluidic heating/cooling systems for highest accuracy (from -70 °C to 250 °C at +/-0.1 °C accuracy) and reflux condenser systems.
- Precision calorimetry measurement (precision calorimetric probe 1W).
- Viscosity measurement / Rheometry.
- pH measurement and control.
- Vacuum connections for degassing, extraction, evaporation.
- Different gas supplies (e.g. inert or other gases).
- Large choice of pre-formulation vessels (magnetically stirred, shaken, heated, cooled vessels, reactors, high pressure reactors, disposable vials, etc.).