- Decrease in cost per sample up to 90+ %.
- Increase in productivity by a factor of 10+.
- 4-Needle Head for volumetric liquid handling and sampling.
- Gravimetric dispensing (solids, powders, liquids, highly viscous materials) into disposable formulation and testing vials and / or precision formulation and testing vessels / blenders.
- The balance moves to the destination, increasing speed and efficiency.
- Balance resolution of 100 µg, or 10 µg.
- A large dispensing range, from a few mg up to several grams.
- Continuous real-time monitoring and control of all formulation parameters, inc. internal and jacket temperature, shear rate and viscosity, scraping speed, reflux and pH in an inert atmosphere if desired.
- Flexible adjustment of scraper positioning / orientation.
- Choice of scraper material e.g. PTFE, PEEK.
- Dispensed amount, mixing speed, temperature, time…, and other data are stored in a read only log file.
- Easy access to data with a convenient interface to pull results into Excel or virtually any other software.
- Interface to DOE.
Enhance your Efficiency and Productivity with our Workflow Solutions!
Chemspeed’s solution: FORMAX LUBES- A workstation that is tailored by flexible combination of the following modules:
- Blending module for up to 24 different blends per run with up to 60+ ingredients.
- Characterization module with tailored solutions for foam collapsing, VOC, TBN…
- Lifetime Prediction module with tailored solutions, e.g. temperature screening from -50 °C to +250 °C.
- Forced Degradiation with tailored solutions to mimic a hostile environment, e.g. high shear forces, high pressure, abrasion mimicking, surface enlargement.
- 20-30 ingredients like: Base oil, Friction Modifier, Viscosity Modifier, Anti-Oxidants, Detergents, Corrosion Inhibitors etc.
- Different ingredient ratios pre-formulations, temperature and mixing profiles. Example: If 7 different raw materials at 3 different amounts results in 343 experiments (73, full factorial design).
- Hydrolytic stability.
- Oxidation stability.
- IR measurement.
- Particle size distribution.
- Photo imaging (UV, IR).
- TBN / TAN.
- Foam collapsing.
- Compatibility screening.
- Soot addition.
- Artificial (metallic) abrasion mimicking.
- High shear forces.
- High pressure.
- Gaseous pollution.
“Benefits of the FORMAX LUBES automated workstation comprise e.g.
- Overhead gravimetric dispensing of solids, liquids, highly viscous liquids WHILE heating, refluxing, mixing and
- Each formulation vessel with its own set of conditions.
- Integrated „forced“ testing e.g. via rapid temperature cyling, gasification combined with defined contaminant.
- Workstation fulfills the requirements for both oils and greases.
- Workstation fulfills the requirements for process technology (e.g. shearing and composition series).
- Workstation enables raw material mapping / reformulation, e.g. related to REACH.”