“All in One” or “One by One”
The FORMAX PAINTS AND COATINGS is a modular robotic platform enabling automated high quality formulations for paints and coatings. It has been designed with flexibility in mind, allowing you to modify and / or add new tools, racks, vessels / blenders, application and testing tools at any time even after your system has been installed (choice of up to 60 tool-features).
- Up to 36 formulations per run.
- The balance moves to the destination, increasing speed, efficiency and accuracy.
- Balance resolution of 0.1 mg.
- Large dispensing range, from a few mg up to several grams.
- Tools can be combined together to accommodate multiple workflows.
- Gravimetric solid and viscous liquid dispensing.
- 4-Needle Head for volumetric liquid handling and sampling.
- Continuous real-time monitoring and control of all formulation parameters, including internal and jacket temperature, shear rate and viscosity, scraping speed, reflux and pH in an inert atmosphere if desired.
- Easy access to data with a convenient interface to pull results into Excel or virtually any other software.
- Dispensed amount, time and other data are stored in a read only log file.
Example Formulation Workflow of Paints and Coatings
- Faster time to market (increased speed, efficiency and productivity of R&D activities)
- Better and faster analysis of the raw material and formulation process space.
- Full traceability an reproducibility.
- Decreased cost per experiment.
- Market proven scaleability.
Available upgrade options:
- Many tools, including precision formulation vessels and storage / ageing dispensing cartridges are optionally available as disposables.
- Formulation adjustment and analysis module: viscosity measurement / adjustment.
- Pre-formulation vessels and sample preparation accessories: racks (heatable stirred, stock solution etc.); solvent reservoirs; disposable (process) vials; microplate holders.
“The proven productivity speeds up product developments to a factor of 5 with only 1/4 of the FORMAX’ full capacity.”