Chemspeed’s ISYNTH SPEEDCHEM deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of synthesis workflows under superheated conditions in a fully automated fashion, including reaction preparation, multistep synthesis, work-up, purification, analysis and product transfer to storage.
isynth speedCHEM Components
SPEEDCHEM block for 12, 24, 48 or 96 vial plates (or customized formats)
- Up to 100 bar operating pressure.
- Heating / cooling and shaking.
- Automated closing / opening combined with transfer tool for e.g. transport of vials and extraction plates.
- Synthesis time reduced from hours to minutes.
- Safer than using microwave.
- Higher pressure than available microwave ovens (reactors) results in a multiple of speed – in a parallel
approach – in a disposable format – resulting in high speed research at better quality.
Selection of additional possibilities:
- Glove-box with air-lock.
- O2 and H2O monitored for controlled inert gas.
- Integrated MTP stirrer.
- Inertized stock solutions.
- Sampling for online analytics.
Volumetric dispensing and aspiration of liquids is done with a multi-channel liquid handling tool (4-Needle Head), with four independent needles. The four needles can be operated simultaneously or individually. If required the tool can be equipped with needles of different inner diameters. Larger diameter needles for the handling of suspensions or liquids with higher viscosities, smaller diameter needles for handling of small volumes.
The Gravimetric Dispensing Units (SWILE, GDU-P fd and GDU-P models) are used to perform automated, gravimetrically controlled dispenses of a wide range of solids and powders in the milligram to multigram scale. The modules pick the appropriate chosen container, dispense the solids and powders, and then place the container back to its station before picking the next one. Both dispensing units include an overhead balance, and allow dispensing and simultaneous weighing of solids and powders into various vials, reactors, well-plates.
- In solution and on solid phase synthesis.
- In sophisticated disposable reactor formats.
- Under ambient and elevated pressure up to 100 bar.
- Under inert gas or reactive gas conditions.
- Including many work-up functions such as vacuum, filtration, evaporation, liquid / liquid extraction,
- Synthesis of branched and multistep protocols for library synthesis.
- Synthesis of peptide libraries (peptide wizard software).
4 Dimensions of Modularity and Flexiblity
Variety of 3rd
e.g.: rheometer, centrifuge,
microwave,GC, HPLC, GPC, NIR,
- Individual platform configuration tailored to your workflow with market-proven off-the-shelf components.
- Robotic platforms which can be easily integrated into other systems to enable multi-workflow processes (e.g. Formulation, Application and Testing procedures all integrated in a single platform).
Platform Configuration Example
Exemplary isynth speedCHEM deck with a pressure block, shakable / heatable / coolable rack for MTP formats, MTP stirring, heating device, sampling / dilution racks, and the following tools: a Solid Dispensing Unit (GDU-P fd), a 4-Needle Head, and a Multigripper.
All tools and accessories from Chemspeed‘s SWING, AUTOPLANT, FORMAX, APPLICATOR AND INVESTIGATOR platforms are fully compatible with the isynth speedchem platforms and vice versa.
Available upgrade options:
- Double-jacket glass and stainless steel reactors for early process development (e.g. 2nd stage screening on the same platform).
- Large choice of sample, reagent and customized racks.
- Integrated solid phase extraction and thin layer chromatography.
Variety of Plug-in (3rd party) Solutions
Chemspeed integrates a large number of 3rd party components either on and / or off the deck.
Available upgrade options:
- Microwave Synthesizer.
- HPLC (MS).
- GC (MS).