Chemspeed’s AUTOPLANT FLOWCHEM deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of workflows in a fully or semi-automated fashion.
The synthesis of most organic compounds includes the following steps which can all be fully automated on the autoplant:
- Interface to DoE.
- Addition of liquid and / or solid reagents.
- Reaction in continuous flow.
- Reaction under reflux at ambient with optional Dean Stark water removal or distillation or elevated pressure.
- Vessel-to-vessel transfer for multistep reactions.
- Work-up with liquid / liquid extraction, drying, solid-phase extraction, filtration or evaporation.
- Product isolation.
- Cleaning in place
The cutting edge Process Development Workstation Technology allows scientists to truly mimic the final industrial production process and provides all the flexibility to optimize integrated reaction sequences, even if a complex configuration of reactors and feed vessels required.
Process reactor assembly, individually controlled tank reactors (reactor volumes 100, 250, 1’000 mL) with precise, continuous feeds.
- Flexible and precise continuous feeds, down to 10 μL / min.
- Up to 8 continuous liquid, liquefied gas and / or gas feeds per reactor and additional unlimited overhead access.
- Accurate and reproducible temperature control, 0.1 °C.
- Pressure up to 100 bar over the entire temperature range of up to 250 °C with corresponding safety installations.
- Parallel high-performance calorimetry, IR, UV-VIS, Raman, PSD, pH, viscosity.
- Dean Stark water trap.
- Distillation bridge.
Easily exchangeable stirrer designs (anchor, twisted blade, gas entrainment stirrers…). Powerful mixing for viscosities up to 80 Pa.s at 300 rpm and 30 Pa.s at 900 rpm with an anchor stirrer.
Various feeding modes are available: batch, semi-continuous, continuous, continuous cascade.
4 Dimensions of Modularity and Flexiblity
Variety of 3rd
e.g.: rheometer, centrifuge,
microwave,GC, HPLC, GPC, NIR,
- Individual platform configuration tailored to your workflow with market-proven off-the-shelf components.
- Robotic platforms which can be easily integrated into other systems to enable multi-workflow processes (e.g. Formulation, Application and Testing procedures all integrated in a single platform).
Platform Configuration Example
Exemplary autoplant FLOWCHEM deck with up to 36 independently controlled tank reactors, along with reagent / sample and solid dispensing container racks. Tools include a 4-NeedleHead
for liquid additions, Solid Dispensing Unit for the addition of solid
All tools and accessories from Chemspeed‘s SWING, ISYNTH, FORMAX, APPLICATOR and
Investigator platforms are fully compatible with the AUTOPLANT FLOWCHEM platforms and vice versa.
Available upgrade options:
- Various reactor materials and coatings are available.
- Multiple stirrer designs and materials.
- Large choice of sample, reagent, and customized racks.
- Integrated calorimetry, viscosity, NIR, MIR, UV-VIS, Raman and particle site distribution (PSD) measurement.
- Integrated, parallel sampling, including sample collector rack.
Variety of Plug-in (3rd Party) Solutions
Chemspeed integrates a large number of 3rd party components either on and / or off the deck.
Available upgrade options:
- Analysis modules (GC, HPLC, NIR, MIR, UV-VIS, Raman…).
- Cleaning module.