Chemspeed’s MULTIPLANT/ AUTOPLANT POLY deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of single-site and multi-site catalyst synthesis workflows, incl. optimization / scale-up, in a fully or semi-automated fashion.
The heart of Chemspeed‘s solutions for emulsion, suspension, dispersion, solution, mass and pressure polymerization is to automate: reagents preparation, polymerization, work-up and analysis.
Example of emulsion polymerization:
- Step 1: water insoluble monomer is mixed in an aqueous solution containing a surfactant.
- Step 2: an initiator is added and the primary free radicals react with the monomer in aqueous phase to produce oligomeric radical species diffusing into monomer-swollen micelles.
- Step 3: the monomer diffuses from the aqueous phase into the micelles, this propagation phase induces the growth of the micelles.
- Step 4: the termination occurs when the monomer is no longer present or when the reaction is quenched.
Process development workstation for 6 X 100 mL, 3 X 250 mL, 3 X 1’000 mL
The cutting edge Process Development Workstation Technology allows scientists to truly mimic the final industrial production process and provides all the flexibility to optimize integrated reaction sequences, even if a complex configuration of reactors and feed vessels required.
Materials of choice: glass, stainless steel (PEEK, PTFE or glass inserts available), Hastelloy, others on request
assembly, individually controlled tank reactors (reactor volumes 100, 250, 1’000 mL) with precise, continuous feeds.
- Flexible and precise continuous feeds, down to 10 μL / min.
- Up to 8 continuous liquid, liquefied gas and / or gas feeds per reactor and additional unlimited overhead access.
- Accurate and reproducible temperature control, 0.1 °C.
- Pressure up to 100 bar over the entire temperature range up to 250 °C with corresponding safety installations.
- Parallel high-performance calorimetry data.
- Viscosity data.
- Dean Stark water trap.
- Distillation bridge between 2 reactors.
Easily exchangeable stirrer designs (anchor, twisted blade, gas entrainment stirrers…). Powerful mixing for viscosities up to 80 Pa.s at 300 rpm and 30 Pa.s at 900 rpm with an anchor stirrer.
For one single unit, various feeding modes are available: batch, semi-continuous, continuous, continuous cascade.