Chemspeed’s MULTIPLANT/ AUTOPLANT POSY deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of workflows in a fully or semi-automated fashion.
Olefin polymerizations reactions require the following functionalities:
- Overhead gravimetric dispensing of solids and powders.
- Feeding of highly hazardous and reactive gaseous and liquid monomers.
- Precise temperature control.
- Precise gas pressure control and flow monitoring.
- Homogeneous or heterogeneous catalyst injection under reaction conditions.
- Powerful mixing to accommodate high viscosities.
- Inertization of reactors and workstation.
- Transfer to analytics.
Process development workstation for 6 X 100 mL, 3 X 250 mL, 3 X 1’000 mL
The cutting edge Process Development Workstation Technology allows scientists to truly mimic the final industrial production process and provides all the flexibility to optimize integrated reaction sequences, even if a complex configuration of reactors and feed vessels required.
Materials of choice: glass, stainless steel (PEEK, PTFE or glass inserts available), Hastelloy, others on request
assembly, individually controlled tank reactors (reactor volumes 100, 250, 1’000 mL) with precise, continuous feeds.
- Flexible and precise continuous feeds, down to 10 μL / min.
- Up to 8 continuous liquid, liquefied gas and / or gas feeds per reactor and additional unlimited overhead access.
- Accurate and reproducible temperature control, 0.1 °C.
- Pressure up to 100 bar over the entire temperature range up to 250 °C with corresponding safety installations.
- Parallel high-performance calorimetry NIR, PSD data.
- Viscosity data.
- Catalyst injection chamber
Easily exchangeable stirrer designs (anchor, twisted blade, gas entrainment stirrers…). Powerful mixing for viscosities up to 80 Pa.s at 300 rpm and 30 Pa.s at 900 rpm with an anchor stirrer.
For one single unit, various feeding modes are available: batch, semi-continuous, continuous, continuous cascade.