IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN) and Chemspeed Technologies intensify collaboration in advanced high throughput research
In 2007, IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN) had screened the market to find a reliable partner, which could support them in automating their catalyst preparation workflows. The key was to find a partner who could supply a solution that addresses ‘precision’ and ‘flexibility’ without compromise. After a long evaluation process, IFPEN concluded that Chemspeed was a premium partner on the market able to offer the optimal solution.
A few months later, Chemspeed delivered the first CATIMPREG robotic workstation to IFPEN, followed recently by a second similar platform. More than 20 different impregnation methods have been successfully implemented on these platforms. IFPEn is very satisfied as Mr Stéphane Rebours (High Throughput Lab Manager) commented: “These platforms allowed us to increase our catalyst preparation output up to a factor 5, reducing at the same time the operating costs and the volume required for each preparation step”.
IFPEN and Chemspeed Technologies continue their collaboration to consolidate IFPEN’S innovation pipeline with novel automated Chemspeed solutions.
IFP Energies nouvelles is a public-sector research, innovation and training center active in the fields of energy, transport and the environment. Its mission is to provide public players and industry with efficient, economical, clean and sustainable technologies to take up the three major challenges facing society in the 21st century: climate change and environmental impacts, energy diversification and water resource management. It boasts world-class expertise.
IFP Energies nouvelles sets out 5 complementary, inextricably-linked strategic priorities that are central to its public-interest mission:
- renewable energies: producing fuels, chemical intermediates and energy from renewable sources,
- eco-friendly production: producing energy while mitigating the environmental footprint,
- innovative transport: developing fuel-efficient, environmentally-friendly transport,
- eco-efficient processes: producing environmentally-friendly fuels and chemical intermediates from fossil resources,
- sustainable resources: providing environmentally-friendly technologies and pushing back the current boundaries of oil and gas reserves.