Chemspeed’s SWING MIXINGPOSSIBLE deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of challenging mixing, milling /grinding workflows in a fully automated fashion.
The SpeedMixer™ specifications:
- Works by spinning a high speed mixing arm at speeds up to 3’500 rpm in one direction, while a belt system under the tilted cup basket rotates the basket at a ratio of approximately 3.8:1 in the opposite direction (thus, the name-Dual Asymmetric Centrifuge) = enables fast mixing.
- Maximum quantity that can be mixed is 3’000 g, depending on the SpeedMixer™ model.
- The typical mixing time for fully dispersing a color paste in a silicone sealant is less than 10 seconds; for mixing fumed silica or precipitated chalk silicone formulations 8-14 seconds normally suffice.
- Fluids of widely differing viscosities can be blended quickly. Powders of different specific gravities can be made into a homogeneous blend.
Several types of SpeedMixer
The Gravimetric Dispensing Units (GDU-P, GDU-P fd, GDU-HV, GDU-V models) are used to perform automated, gravimetrically controlled dispenses of a wide range of ingredients in the milligram to multigram scale. The modules pick the appropriate container, dispense the ingredients, and then place the container back to its station before picking the next one. All dispensing units include an overhead balance with a resolution of down to 100 µg, and allow dispensing and simultaneous weighing of ingredients into various vials, reactors, and well-plates.
Volumetric dispensing and aspiration of liquids is done with a Multi-Channel Liquid Handling Tool (4-Needle Head), with four independent needles. The four needles can be operated simultaneously or individually. If required the tool can be equipped with needles of different inner diameters. Larger diameter needles for the handling of suspensions or liquids with higher viscosities, smaller diameter needles for handling of small volumes. Gravimetric liquid dispensing tools are also available.
Platform Configuration Example SWING MIXINGPOSSIBLE
All tools and accessories from Chemspeed‘s ISYNTH, MULTIPLANT/ AUTOPLANT, FORMAX, APPLICATOR and INVESTIGATOR platforms are fully compatible with the SWING MIXINGPOSSIBLE robotic platform and vice versa.
Variety of Plug-in (3rd party) Solutions:
Chemspeed integrates a large number of 3rd party components either on and / or off the deck.
DAC 3’000 FVZ:
• Dimensions: 1.3 m wide, 1m deep, 1m high.
• Weight: approx 1’000 kg.
• Possible mixing time settings: up to 10 min
• The maximum batch weight that can be mixed is 3’000 g.
• The SpeedMixer DAC 3’000 FVZ is useful for 1 and 2 part silicones, polyurethanes, polysulfides, acrylics and a wide range of other materials.
DAC 400 FVZ:
• Dimensions: 40 cm wide, 52.9 cm deep, 61 cm high.
• Weight: approx 95 kg.
• Possible mixing time settings: 5 sec to 10 min.
• The maximum batch weight that can be mixed is 300 g.
• The main current applications are for lab screening of development formulations and formulation components, for QA testing,
and for small volume productionpart silicones, polyurethanes, polysulfides, acrylics and a wide range of other materials.
DAC 250 FVZ:
• Dimensions: 34 cm wide, 46 cm deep, 57 cm high.
• Weight: approx 75 kgs.
• Possible mixing time settings: 2 sec to 6 min.
• The maximum batch weight that can be mixed is 150 g.
• The SpeedMixer™ DAC 250 SP is an economical laboratory-sized instrument for the rapid mixing and grinding of materials that would otherwise require large amounts
of time and/or effort to mix and/or grind with the added advantage of a Cartridge Lid, enabling the user to mix directly into syringes or cartridges.