Chemspeed’s SWING RP deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of reaction preparation workflows in a fully automated fashion.
The Gravimetric Dispensing Units (SWILE, SDU, GDU-P, GDU-HV, GDU-V models) are used to perform automated, gravimetrically controlled dispenses of a wide range of ingredients in the milligram to multigram scale. The modules pick the appropriate container, dispense the ingredients, and then place the container back to its station before picking the next one. All dispensing units include an overhead balance with a resolution of down to 0.1 mg, and allow dispensing and simultaneous weighing of ingredients into various vials, reactors, well-plates.
The Gravimetric Dispensing Unit for solids and powders
The Gravimetric and Volumetric Dispensing Unit including Online Density Measurement on the fly for (viscous) liquids
The 4-Needle Head for liquids
- Exemplary dispensing time: 1g in 20 sec (depending on ingredient properties).
- Dispensing robotic tool capacity: (extandable with additional ingredient storage module)
- SWING: up to 144 cartridges for the SDU, up to 32 cartridges for the GDU-P up to 65 cartridges for the GDU-HV, up to 180 syringes for the GDU-V.
- SWING XL: up to 240 cartridges for the SDU, up to 56 cartridges for the GDU-P model up to 125 cartridges for the GDU-HV model, up to 360 syringes for the GDU-V
- Reduced dispensing time: the balance moves from one target to the next, continuously dispensing and weighing without having to move the target to the balance. The anti-drip system avoids cross contamination and enables to add any ingredient into any (fixed) formulation vessel, reactor, vial etc. wherever on the platform deck while mixing, heating, cooling etc.
- One dispensing design and one AutoTeaching tool to cover all your ingredients. The sophisticated algorithm of the software finds automatically the best conditions to dispense your ingredient.
- Automatic exchange of a dispensing cartridge if one is empty, the system automatically takes the next container.
Volumetric dispensing and aspiration of liquids is done with a Multi-Channel Liquid Handling Tool (4-Needle Head), with four independent needles. The four needles can be operated simultaneously or individually. If required the tool can be equipped with needles of different inner diameters. Larger diameter needles for the handling of suspensions or liquids with higher viscosities, smaller diameter needles for handling of small volumes.