Chemspeed’s SWING SP deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of reaction preparation workflows in a fully automated fashion.
The Gravimetric Dispensing Units (SWILE, GDU-P fd, GDU-P, GDU-HV, GDU-V models) are used to perform automated, gravimetrically controlled dispenses of a wide range of ingredients in the milligram to multigram scale. The modules pick the appropriate container, dispense the ingredients, and then place the container back to its station before picking the next one. All dispensing units include an overhead balance with a resolution of down to 100 µg, and allow dispensing and simultaneous weighing of ingredients into various vials, reactors, well-plates.
||Dispensing Range and Viscosity Range without Heating
||Dispensing Range and Viscosity Range with Heating
||Dispensing Container Volume
(only true1:1 solid dispensing tool)
|Solids and Powders
||down to 100 µg, optionally down to 10 μg with on-deck balance
||< 100 µg to 100 mg
||Disposable pick &
|The GDU-P fd
||Solids and Powders
||< 100 µg to 10 / 20 g
||15 mL, 30 mL
||Solids and Powders
||1 mg to 100 g
||Highly Viscous Liquids and Waxes
Heated transfer option = 20°C to 90 °C
|100 µg to 100 g
1 mPa.s to 500’000 mPa.s
|Up to waxes or substances with melt-viscosity of
< 500’000 Pa.s
||Low to Medium Viscous Liquids
||100 µg to 100 g
1 mPa.s to 15 Pa.s
||Disposable positive displacement syringes from 100 μL to 12.5 mL
|The 4-Needle Head
||μL to 25 mL
1 mPa.s to 200 mPa.s
||4 Syringes 1 mL, 10 mL, 25 mL
The Gravimetric Dispensing Unit for solids and powders
The Gravimetric and Volumetric Dispensing Unit including Online Density Measurement on the fly for viscous liquids
The 4-Needle Head for liquids
- Exemplary dispensing time: 1g in 20 sec (depending on ingredient properties).
- Dispensing robotic tool capacity: (extandable with additional ingredient storage module)
- SWING: up to 120 cartridges for the GDU-P fd, up to 32 cartridges for the GDU-P up to 65 cartridges for the GDU-HV, up to 180 syringes for the GDU-V.
- SWING XL: up to 208 cartridges for the GDU-P fd, up to 56 cartridges for the GDU-P model up to 125 cartridges for the GDU-HV model, up to 360 syringes for the GDU-V
- Reduced dispensing time: the balance moves from one target to the next, continuously dispensing and weighing without having to move the target to the balance. The anti-drip system avoids cross contamination and enables to add any ingredient into any (fixed) formulation vessel, reactor, vial etc. wherever on the platform deck while mixing, heating, cooling etc.
- One dispensing design and one AutoTeaching tool to cover all your ingredients. The sophisticated algorithm of the software finds automatically the best conditions to dispense your ingredient.
- Automatic exchange of a dispensing cartridge if one is empty, the system automatically takes the next container.
Volumetric dispensing and aspiration of liquids is done with a Multi-Channel Liquid Handling Tool (4-Needle Head), with four independent needles. The four needles can be operated simultaneously or individually. If required the tool can be equipped with needles of different inner diameters. Larger diameter needles for the handling of suspensions or liquids with higher viscosities, smaller diameter needles for handling of small volumes.