Chemspeed’s SWING VISCODOSE deck modularity allows the user to execute and perform a variety of viscous liquid dispensing workflows in a fully automated fashion.
The Gravimetric Dispensing Units (GDU-HV and GDU-V models) are used to perform automated, gravimetically and volumetrically controlled dispenses and aspiration of (highly) viscous liquids, pastes and creams in the milligram to multigram scale.The modules pick the appropriate container, dispense the (highly) viscous liquid, and then place the container back to its station before picking the next one. Both dispensing units include an overhead balance, and allow dispensing and simultaneous weighing of (highly) viscous liquids into various vials, reactors, well-plates.
The Gravimetric Dispensing Unit for highly viscous liquids and molten waxes
The Gravimetric and Volumetric Dispensing Unit including Online Density Measurement on the fly for viscous liquids
- Exemplary dispensing time: 1g in 20 sec (depending on (highly) viscous liquids properties).
- (Highly) viscous liquid dispensing capacity: (expandable with additional (highly) viscous liquids storage module)
- up to 144 cartridges for the SDU, up to 32 cartridges for the GDU-P
- up to 65 cartridges for the GDU-HV, up to 180 syringes for the GDU-V
- SWING XL:
- up to 240 cartridges for the SDU, up to 56 cartridges for the GDU-P model
- up to 125 cartridges for the GDU-HV model, up to 360 syringes for the GDU-V
- Reduced dispensing time: the balance moves from one target to the next, continuously dispensing and weighing without having to move the target to the balance. The anti-drip system avoids cross contamination and enables addition of (highly) viscous liquids or any other material into any formulation vessel, reactor, vial etc. on the platform deck while mixing, heating, cooling etc.
- One dispensing design and one AutoTeaching tool to cover all your (highly) viscous liquids, pastes and creams. The sophisticated algorithm of the software finds automatically the best conditions to dispense your ingredient.
- Automatic exchange of a dispensing cartridge if one is empty, the system automatically takes the next container.
Platform Configuration Example
Exemplary Swing viscodose deck with shakeable / heatable / coolable crimp racks; reagent / sample racks; and the following tools:a 4-Needle Head for liquid handling, a Gravimetric Dispensing Unit (GDU-V) for viscous liquids dispensing, and a Capper / Crimper.
Available upgrade options:
Brookfield Viscometer RVDV-II+ Pro BK
- Range: 100 – 40’000’000 mPa.s (cP).
- Speed range: 2’000 – 64’000 rpm.
- No of Increments 20’000 – 512’000.
- Temperature range: -70 oC to +220 oC.
Thermal Analysis Rheometer
- Optical encoder dual reader.
- Advanced drag cup motor.
- Normal force rebalance transducer.
- Active temperature control.